I have been very very slack about the comments on my blog, for this I apologise. I’ve just been a bit too busy this Christmas season.
But there is one comment I would like to address, from Taylor, who has nominated me for the Leibster Award! Taylor is my fraternal twin blogger. We seemed to have both started around the same time, but she writes far more lucidly and with a far greater clarity of purpose. She sings and is one of those miraculous people who are able to pass on their skills and talents to students. In a word, she is awesome in all the ways I am not.
So for only the second time ever on this blog, Taylor I dedicate a haiku poem to you:
Taylor, summers song
Melodies that melt our souls
Sun shines through your voice
It's in German so it MUST be good!
I attempted to actually track down where/how/why/who started this whole thing. But alas like all others before me, I failed. It does look like it started fairly recently the earliest blog I could find who was nominated for this was back in early 2010. And it’s from Germany. That’s it. *shakes fist at Wikipedia*
There are rules to receiving and accepting this award.
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and Paste the Award to your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the word and love to other bloggers.
5. Have Fun!!
So who do I nominate?
Well in no particular order (and I know some of these aren’t your names I just give names out to people)…
1. Mutant Supermodel @Mutant Supermodel
– I seriously don’t know how this lady has not won this yet. But her writing is top-notch, and I’m not sure how she does it, but every entry she makes in her blog, just makes you want to tilt to your head to one side and go “awwwww”. She’s a big softie masquerading as a hard ass (unless you get on her bad side then it seems that she will just fuck your shit right up, which is actually awesome)
2. Bike @ Hi Thats My Bike
– another contender for how has she not gotten this yet question?? Bike is a hardcore PF blogger. I don’t mean to say that all her posts are dry budget analysis or anything. It’s just her entries almost always have some sort of financial component in them, but coupled with a writing style that always draws you in.
3. Vodka @When Life Gives You Lemons – another hardcore (to me) PF blogger that is able to humanise personal finance. I think that’s essentially what I love about Vodka and Bike, while they are always very PF orientated about their posts, it’s never bland, dry or boring. They manage to draw you into their posts and their discussions, to make you think.
4. Hip and Happening Homeowner @ The Happy Homeowner
– If you don’t read anything else in the PF blogosphere read her Confessions of a PF Blogger series. Seriously. It is the most amazing set of entries related to crawling out of debt. If you don’t read it I may have to hunt you down and kill you.
5. The Tara’s @ In the Taratory
– The only non PF blog on this list (and only Australian). There really seems to be a big lack of good Aussie blogs out there, that are current. These two gals write about the stuff there is to do in the much maligned capital of Australia (where I am currently located). And I would’ve nominated them for the play on the word “Territory” (the region the Aussie capital is in is called the Australian Capital Territory – usually shortened to “The Territory”… get it? get it?) alone, but they’re also a couple a disturbingly good writers (so much so in fact, if they get any better I will have to hack into their blog and shut it down lest they outshine me :P)
6. Maxie @ Spectacular Disaster
– Okay she’s 6th but goddamnit! the lass deserves this! And I am nothing if not a rule breaker. Maxie is not a PF blogger either, her posts cover anything to humourous pictures to essays about discovering adulthood (something I’ve yet to find :P)
So get Leibstering people!