What a difference one day makes.
Yesterday I was struggling. Like majorly. I wasn’t thinking clearly, I was about as productive (and as sexy) as a big pile of steaming cow poop. I wasn’t even excited about the big move tomorrow. Maybe it’s the feng shui of the second office where I’ve been outposted, cause as soon as I walk into the regular place this morning, and after the caffeine injection, I’m rip-roaring to go.
So let me do a recap on the few things that have been happening since I’ve written a meaningful post.
– the girl. Yeaaahhh. Never going to happen I’ve figured. So I’ve decided to stop flogging that particular dead horse.
– I am moving! And I have spent a crapload of money on the move. So far I’ve spent and/or will be looking to spend:
– $920 for bond/security deposit
– $710 for rent
– $420 for a new bed
– $400-$500 for a portable air conditioner (it gets ridiculously hot here in the summer and the new place does not have air-conditioning and I am a child of the cold, despite being born in the tropics.)
– $150 for miscellaneous moving expenses.
– $300 for computer repair (I accidentally destroyed the desktop with a power surge).
– for a complete total of $3000 give or take a couple of hundred dollars.
– I have gone back to the gym and I am loving it. I will although have to find a new gym closer to the new place and KA-CHING there is a gym as close to the new apartment as my current gym is to my old apartment. Hopefully I will be back to my svelte like body in time for summer. Hoorah!
– Budget. I have one of those? 😛 Okay budget has taken a beating over the past couple of weeks, not as bad as I envisioned. I was hoping for my first zero balance come my birthday in January. A little birthday present for me as it were… but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen (unless I can scrounge an extra $1000 somewhere in the next 2 months) so the first zero balance will have to wait until February. Only a month out of schedule so it doesn’t really bother me.
And that’s about it. I’m not too sure where or how I turned the corner of my thinking about the whole life situation.
I have a nagging suspicion that it has something to do with my, well acceptance isn’t really the word… the term “giving up” doesn’t really match up either. Not worrying? Not over analysing? Yeah that’s it. This whole new outlook stems from my not over analysing or worrying about ‘the girl’ situation. Sure I got a little jealous, but it was the jealousy you have when it’s a really hot summers day and you see someone enjoying an ice cream cone. You’d like to also have an ice cream cone, but you don’t, but you think to yourself, “I’ll find an ice cream cone somewhere easily enough” and shrug and move on.
It really does help when you actually write this stuff down. Makes it more concrete somehow.
Anyway, with this new zest for life, I will be attempting to post a lot more this month. I’m going to try for at least 1 post everyday (even tomorrow – Moving Day!). Although tomorrow’s post could just be pictures of the new place. I have a zest for life, but I’m still lazy. 😛