Since I’m trying to curb my spending and not to use my credit cards, it seems silly to have a wallet to carry them all. I currently have 8 cards in my wallet:
- Drivers License (since I catch the bus I don’t really need to carry it around all the time, but I guess I should for identification purposes. That, and I still randomly get carded when I buy alcohol. I’m 32 fer crying out loud!)
- Private Health Care Membership Card (which I think I’ve used once in 2 years)
- Buspass (necessary)
- American Express Gold Card (I should gather a fellowship, head into Mordor and throw this into the fires of Mount Doom *you have to say “Mordor” in that weird way Hugo Weaving [Lord Elrond] says it*)
- ANZ Credit Card (see above)
- Citibank Gold Card (see above, but this time I want Gollum to bite my finger off first for getting this card)
- Medicare Card (again, not really essential)
- Visa Debit Card (links straight to my checking account, but not my savings accounts. I really should learn to live without it)
So in reality, I really only need my buspass and maybe my driver’s licence. Everything else I can put away/throw out/cut up/fly my X-Wing through a small trench on its surface and fire two proton torpedoes into its reactor core and blow it up before it can fire its laser onto my Rebel Alliance Base… err I mean budget.
I really need to get rid of those cards, since now that my salary has ramped up. I can pretty much justify any kind of expenditure up to $800, since I know I can pay off that purchase with a paycheck, and still maintain my current level of debt.
I was thinking maybe a moneyclip. But it seems a bit “guido-ish” or “wiseguy-ish”. See Donnie Brasco. And I don’t think I have the street cred to pull it off.
My suits do have enough pockets that I could comfortably carry around a couple of cards and some currency without hassle. But I tend to forget what I put where already, and that’s only with my sunglasses and my mobile phone. And that awkward “where the hell did I put it?” dance that guys do when they feel out every pocket they have on them in search of something is not cool.
Money clip? Or just carry stuff around? Thoughts?