So I went shopping on Saturday and guess what? Bacon was on sale! (nom nom nom BACON! nom nom nom) I managed to get about 5kg for $5!
So basically I’m having bacon as part of every meal for the rest of the week.
But the problem is I don’t really have that big of a repertoire of bacon recipes. I actually don’t have a big repertoire of recipe’s period. I tend to make it up as I go along. So short of cooking a steak, and wrapping that in bacon, does anyone else have good bacon-based or bacon inclusive or bacon friendly recipes?
And just to share here is what I came up with last night for dinner! (I was cooking for two, and she actually enjoyed it. She made a “wtf” face while I was cooking but seemed pleasantly surprised by the results)
So without any ado whatsoever here is, Chicken-Cheese-Bacon-Bake (sauteed in a Fanta/Mountain Dew mix sauce). Note: I don’t recommend anyone eating this, cause seriously after dinner I swear I had cholesterol induced arythmia. Yummy though.
1. Cook about 4 strips of bacon in a shallow pan that you can put a lid on (you only really need 2, but you can munch on the other two strips while youre doing everything else) until crispy.
2. Put bacon aside and using the same pan (dont drain the fat! thats the bit that makes it yummy and the bit that will kill you) add two and a half spoonfuls of butter into the pan.
3. Bring down to a medium-low heat, then place two whole chicken breast pieces into the pan. Pour quarter a cup of Fanta and a splash of Mountain Dew over the chicken. Place lid on pan.
4. Leave chicken to cook and preheat oven. I don’t read the numbers on the dial of the oven, but the knob is pointing straight down.
5. Break the bacon into little bits. Eat spare bacon. Try not to eat all of it cause youre using the pan now to cook the chicken, and you don’t want to use another pan to cook more bacon cause you’ll have to more to wash when youre doing the dishes when youre done.
6. Burn the sauce a little. Turn the heat down a bit more, add a splash more Fanta.
7. Spend fine minutes looking for tongs to pick up chicken. Find tongs. Chicken is now cooked.
8. Place chicken in pan, and make a fairly deep cut into the chicken breast. Open up the chicken.
9. In the cut you just made, stuff the chicken breast with shredded cheese. Then put more cheese on top. Then more. Then more. Okay enough.
10. Add bacon bits on top of the cheese.
11. Add more cheese. You heard me. Add. More. Cheese!
12. Place in oven, wait until cheese is melted, then serve.
Overfeeds, causes heart palpitations and heart burn in two adults. Will probably kill a gorilla.
You have been warned.